Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Admit It

I think I need to come to terms with the fact that I have an illogical, pressing, ridiculous, power-hungry, control-freak, masochistic URGE to be Room Parent. Why else would I have returned home from Back-to-School night as Room Parent for all three classrooms?

So much for not raising my hand. Anyways...

...I have to bid you good-bye for a few days as I turn the majority of my attention towards the annual school fundraiser. And it's a good thing, too, since the state of California has yet to pass its budget. Do you know what that means? That means that almost every public school in California currently has ZERO money. Principals were basically given only what they needed to OPEN school. So this influx of cash won't be the gravy; it'll be the meat. And that is all kinds of twisted.

The current political landscape is also all kinds of twisted. I find that the best antidote to my anxiety and frustration is to keep making those calls for Obama. It's either that or screaming into my pillow. Tomorrow will be an exception, though, as the campaign has asked us to refrain from calling on 9/11. If hitting the phone is something you have the time or inclination to do, I hereby volunteer to be your Personal Assistant. Give me your zip code, and I will find you the nearest phonebank.

No comments: