Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Remiss!

I have been remiss. I have failed to post about an event at which I heard my name being called from the heavens. I looked up to see the Wily Filipino himself, Sr. Sunny Vergara, waving and smiling. The venue at which this most pleasant interaction occurred was Red Devil Lounge, where the spousal unit and I coerced good pals M. & D. (also a spousal tag team) to join us for a musical romp down memory lane, 80s style.

After dinner at Le Petit Robert (do you know why I married the spousal unit? I married him because he lets me eat all his pommes frites if I wanna), we jumped into a cab and asked to be taken something like five blocks, a terribly selfish request which rightfully annoyed the cabbie. "But it's all very uphill!" I wanted to say. "And I'm wearing my feathered heels!" But I didn't because I've found that it's best to just shut up and be grateful during such moments.

Once inside the lounge, it was only a matter of moments before Animotion, fronted by my newly and astoundingly bleached-hair brother-in-law, graced the stage. As Sunny points out, the band opened with "Let Him Go." What Sunny failed to point out is the way he himself bopped his head and sipped his drink and sang at the top of his lungs. By the time they got to "I Engineer," Sunny was long gone, having skillyfully maneuvered himself to up-front-and-center, where I could just make out his still-bopping head.

Look at my crazy brother-in-law! Rockin' the Billy Idol hair! The Billy Idol sneer! The Billy Idol semi-squat! It was too fun, I tell you. At some point he assaulted the pole in the middle of the stage. Not sure what that was all about. Again, sometimes it's best to just shut up and be grateful.

{An aside to dear M.: tomorrow you will thank me for not posting our picture. It was close to midnight, after all. Let's just be fabulous in our imaginations...}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOHHHH now I'm very curious indeed. I think I need to see the pic with my own eyes...
Sometimes it sucks being 40 (after midnight)! Must have needed a lipstick touch up... or quick botox injection.

ver said...

Yeah, I'll be there soon enough! I'm sure the evidence has been destroyed by now...

Anonymous said...

Better it's destroyed, wouldn't want my ego to ruin my day! BTW, saw your post on August's blog... thanks for the support, we couldn't be happier! Now we're off to the East to see my crazy family... actually looking forward to it! See you on the 14th.