Monday, August 21, 2006

It's Kind of Sad, Really.

The girls are sitting out front playing a tambourine and two guitars (kid-sized). They are singing a medley of songs, including Chicago's "Saturday in the Park" and Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved" (oh, Sunny, don't hate me). The goal, I believe, is to earn enough money from kind passers-by to purchase their own treats from the ice cream man. He will round the corner at any moment now, pushing his cart and tinkling his friendly dairy bells, so they are growing more and more nervous at the lack of traffic. I am convinced, though, that as long as they keep playing with their current fervor, our neighbors will creep out of their homes and pay them.


To stop, that is. Pay them to stop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of "The Oracles: My Filipino Grandparents in America?"

Anonymous said...

I'm calling Child Protective Services, Ver. Don't kids sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" anymore?