Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Five Things

First of all, the ugliest dog in the world has died. If he played his cards right, I'm sure he's sitting in a suede recliner in Heaven, wearing a smoking jacket and chatting up the bitches.

Second, here at last is an amusing use for emoticons.

Third, I just made a strategic personal-care mistake. I showered and then had a silent but brief debate with myself regarding wavy hair or straight hair. I decided on straight. I blew it straight. It was kinda wonderful. But—and here is the strategic mistake part—I still have to bathe the girls this evening. The steam from their bath will make my hair all curly. I will then be forced to redo my hard work until it's straight again. Which just goes to show you (or me, at least): don't argue with nature. Or...tend to the children first. I realize this is far more than you to need to know about me, but what can I say? I feelthisclosetoyou.

Fourth, as you know, I love paper and office supplies. Here is my new favorite link in that department. Plus, the website refers to my "unique ambitions." I cannot tell you how hard this made me laugh. Especially when you consider that my "unique ambition" for today was to have straight hair.

Fifth, ob reports a surge in searches from Metro Manila. I can only assume this means we'll all be receiving some hits from Ecuador. It's only fair.

I may or may not return to nest before the holiday. If I do not, I wish you plentiful carbs and a deep, restful sleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade. We have the same curls... it works like a dream. it could keep my hair straight even during the most humid summers in New York. I've been telling you about it for years. TRY it already.

Gura said...

yeah, that dog was fugly ugly. And why didn't they have those kind of emoticon cliff notes when I was in school? have a wonderful holiday, and don't forget to let out a couple of buttons in the pants.

ver said...

Thanks gura! And I'll keep that in mind about the buttons...

Kuya, I'll backchannel about the pomade but for now let me just say that I cannot put a lot of product in my hair (and pomade is so dang HEAVY) because *whispering now* I can't wash it as often as I'd like...

Anonymous said...

Understandable... but a little dab'll do ya. seriously. when my hair was long, one little jar of that stuff could last me months.

profile said...

best thanksgiving 2 ur beautiful family!!! always a pleasure reading your words...

b-4 i forget, word verification:

lhgdny

ver said...

And to you, Bino! It's almost 6 pm as I type--I'm preparing to feast...

ddztsng