Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Snail Mail & Strange Male(s)

I'm feeling like quite the lucky duck, what with the snail mail treasures that continue to appear in my mailbox. Among them, a very kind postcard from Marianne Villanueva:



and a note from The Wily Filipino himself, accompanied by artwork from Izzy:



I have the same set of notecards as Sunny, by the way, and am betting that most of us do. Let's use them, people! (I'll have to add images later because Blogger is being rude and uncooperative)

An aside: why is it that two heterosexual men on an outing together will often go to great lengths to avoid any semblance of intimacy? Today, as I engaged in my Wednesday ritual of lunching solo and people-watching, I saw these two guys arrive at the restaurant in the same car, walk in with a space of four feet between them, and take seats at the counter leaving, of course, one empty stool between them. They occasionally grunted at each other while eating. I have seen these kinds of men sit in a booth, but position themselves diagonally. Cuz heaven forbid they maintain full-frontal eye contact. This reminded me of riding MUNI and watching young males sit back-to-back and talk to each other over their shoulders. Sometimes when the bus was empty, they'd sit a number of rows apart and yell at each other. Cuz heaven forbid they share a quiet conversation.

Boys are weird.

4 comments:

OBermeo said...

mah friend lynne likes to say
"boys are not magic"

ver said...

Hahahahahaha! I'd have to concur.

profile said...

you saw gay men who were not into PDA or public display of affection. if you looked under the table, you might notice their legs intertwined.

word verifiction: rujmlll

ver said...

Bino, I'll check that leg action out next time...

Word verification: cfagia (I swear on my life!)