Tuesday, October 04, 2005

How to Go From Zero to Happy in 5 Minutes

The thing about my family's web site is that it is full of mystery. First of all, people register and we have no idea who they are. When someone finally asks, the resounding silence echoes through cyberspace.

There's also this: my cousin Luj, who rejuvenated our already considerable family devotion by putting the whole site together, has concocted an elaborate and utterly impossible to understand system of participation levels. These levels are, of course, named after food. I believe I've been stuck on "Gulaman Level" for more than a year now. And I have made 951 posts. Nine hundred and fifty-one! Should this not grant me "Lechon Level"? And what is the penultimate level, anyway? We have no idea.

But the most mysterious thing about the site is its uncanny ability to cheer you up when life is sorta sucky. Take just now, for example. Just now I was thinking, "Whoa, despite my many blessings, these past few days have been sorta sucky." So I began to idly scan the photo album, and I came upon this photo, which was like a refreshing glass of ice water thrown directly over my head. These are some of my cousins:



Look at those beeeeyooootiful faces! This made me happy. And then I listened to some Alejandro Fernandez and became happier still (I admit to this only because I have been living in fear of ob outing my little musical secret). Now, I'm fit to burst and am going off to put pen to paper.

'Til the morrow, gentle people.

5 comments:

profile said...

i love "me dedique a perderte." here are alejandro's videos to contribute to complete your circle of musical joy:

http://espanol.search.music.yahoo.com/search/launch_videos_espanol?p=alejandro+fernandez&s=vn&nice=alejandro+fernandez

happyhappyhappyhappygoodmorninghappy

ver said...

Ah, bino, I knew you would understand. And you have indeed completed my circle of musical joy.

I love "Se Va," which I think is on an older album. I confess to watchiing the "Que Lastima" video several times a day on iTunes...

OBermeo said...

i woulda gone to the grave with that bit of knowledge... ok, ok, i would told bjr but thats it!... i swear!

love ya like vaqueros love rhinestones

Princess Leia said...

Cute clan photo! Wish I could have in it!

ver said...

Yeah, sure, ob. I'm not quite sure how to protect rhinestone-wearing vaqueros from your barbed (get it? get it?) wit, but I will try: Let he who is free of fashion mishaps cast the first (rhine)stone...

Hi princess l.! I wish I were in it, too. Or at least that I'd taken the picture!