Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hole In the Bucket

Have you ever gone to the well, dipped your bucket, and—with complete faith—hauled it up only to find it...empty? Believing it's some kind of mistake, did you dip it again? And get the same results? It's like that with my writing now.

I'll admit I haven't quite found my rhythm with this whole Kindergarten and preschool thing. There were supposed to be these pockets of time in the week for writing (that was the idea, anyway), but hell if I know where they are. At night, I'm like anyone else: my body and mind call for rest. But maybe night is my missed opportunity? I don't know, but something's gotta give.

I'm gonna go bang my head against the wall for a bit now. And tomorrow? Tomorrow is another chance.

4 comments:

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

omigosh...from my heart, to your keyboard, darlin'

I'm /so/ feeling the same way. I thought that once school started, we'd have a routine and I'd be able to carve out the writing time I've craved. I've got ideas, I'm taking a class, I've got pens and paper.

But by the end of the day, it's all I can do to get dinner on the table, children bathed, homework checked, chores done and quality time with Hubby taken. At best, I have enough brain to watch CSI or Numbers. Other times I just curl up in bed, too tired to move but too awake to not keep thinking "I should be writing, I should be writing, I should be writing."

I appreciate your sense of hope, though, that today is another day, that today perhaps things will be different. Attitude is all, eh?

So here's a cuppa tea for you. Hope the well is deep and the water sweet today.

ver said...

Hiya bec. It's so crazy, right?! I had a free hour today, and I thought, "gym or write? gym or write?" I ended up nixing the gym, taking my laptop to a cafe, and writing complete gibberish for fifty minutes! It was something, at least...

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Gibberish? Gibberish is good. I have a blank notebook...I just opened it...then closed it to see if you'd responded to my note. *facepalm* I swear, I'm hopeless at this writing stuff.

Jean Vengua said...

Ver -- it may be that what you reeeeally need is to just do nothing for awhile. Don't put pressure on yourself to create. Give yourself time to get used to the new routine. Or you could always just write about not being able to write...

ingat,

jean