Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What Is That Saying...

...about an apple not falling far from the tree? Here is Barbara Bush being interviewed on a television show after showing her support at the Houston Astrodome:

In a segment at the top of the show on the surge of evacuees to the Texas city, Barbara Bush said: "Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston."

Then she added: "What I’m hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this—this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."


I think maybe Junior was home-schooled.

(via Editor & Publisher)

***

Moving on to something that makes me happy: how can you keep from sending wet, sloppy love in the direction of a web site whose tag line is, "Paper, productivity & passion"? Well, you can't. My new obsession: D*I*Y Planner.

***

And, finally, a quiz: What is the #1 way to keep Ver from making a running start on the many, many things she must do today?

Answer: When taking the big girls to Kindergarten, make sure that Lea falls down on the playground and gets the world's nastiest asphalt burn. Because you know what I just realized? A happy Lea is my kryptonite; an unhappy Lea is my downfall.

*love ya like my little one loves band-aids*

4 comments:

Gladys said...

"Oh, Barbara, your privilege is showing."

No kidding about the apple and the tree. That's probably why our current president is such an ass--not that his dad wasn't, either, damn warmongerers.

Douglas Johnston said...

Thanks for the wet, sloppy, love...!

all my best,
dj
--
D*I*Y Planner : www.diyplanner.com

Anonymous said...

But, doesn't kryptonite make superman weaker?

JD

ver said...

Gladys: Much as I loathed the father, I'd take him any day over his demon spawn. Lesser of two lessers, I'spose.

dj: OMG, you're such a genius.

JD: Ah, but that assumes I was thinking of myself as the good guy. Sadly, I am more Lex Luthor-ish...