Monday, September 19, 2005

A Call to Pens: The Draw

So, players, here's the draw for our letter-writing project, posted with apologies for not being able to include a picture of the names laying all askance in my Jollibee cap; the ol' digital camera is out of order:

Nick will write to
Creen who will write to
Paqui who will write to
Tracey who will write to
Gura who will write to
Bec who will write to
bj who will write to
Patrick who will write to
Ver who will write to
Lorna who will write to
Eileen who will write to
Weez who will write to...
Nick!

Needless to say (this is where you wonder why, then, Ver, do you say it, and I don't respond because, well, I'm ignoring you), I wish I could be a fly in the envelope for these pairings.

So...let's see. Next step is to check out your partner's blog, send him/her an e-mail to get their snail mail address, and post a letter around/about a week from today. Filipino time, Indichica time, and I'm-just-a-regular-person-gimme-a-break-time are all acceptable reasons for being up to two days late. After three days, you're on your own.

(I don't know about you, but I'm going to spend the first few days attempting to return my penmanship to its former glory.)

7 comments:

carbonator said...

Can we have them email us their address because I emailed CREEN and she has not responded in 24hrs. Maybe can I have someone more interested in the project and more prompt?
Nick

ver said...

Hi Nick! Gads how I love your sense of urgency. I just IMed Creen, who says she just replied to you.

Anyone else having administrative glitches? Just lemme know...

carbonator said...

o.k. everything worked out! thanks. i had hurricane rita in my south florida back yard and a plane to catch to get to austin, tx to do a couple of readings and am now writing from my hotel in austin. my sense of urgency was compounded by hurricane anxiety plus travel neurosis. the irony of the situation is that rita is headed straight to galveston, tx as a cat 4 hurricane and be a cat 1 when it gets to austin where i will be until friday! anyway, creen turns out to be corinne whom i remember from my nyc days who is an excellent poet and short story writer. i feel better knowing the person is an old acquaintance and my letter will be thus, more personal.

ver said...

Isn't Galveston where they had the other catastrophic hurricane (circa 1800 something)? Stay dry, Nick, and have a safe trip home...

na said...

Don't know if I can do mine. Coz when I try to click on "Weez"'s blog, a pop-up proclaims "Bandwidth exceeded" or something like that. Does that make sense? Putting this on here since don't know "Weez"...

ver said...

Welcome home Eileen! I'll send out an SOS to Weez. But I'm so bummed you haven't been able to take a look at her blog; it's so very excellent.

carbonator said...

hey ver, so this weez person has not written me yet even though I emailed her my address three weeks ago, I hope she's not wheezing in the cold bleakness of rochester where she teaches. maybe she's weezing on the plants. weeze my begonia will ya! I have to confess that I've started writing to someone else in our writing circle, someone who appreciates my words, someone who is a wordsmith her/himself, someone who respects my time and responds to my every twitch of my pen in a timely manner. Yes, I have strayed but you must forgive my wandering ink. It now belongs to someone else!