Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Thanks. I Think.

I stumbled across two—two! not just one, but two!—strangers who blogged about my little paean to Skyflakes. Both quoted it in its entirety and even left my name stuck to it, which surprised me.

The first referred to it as a case of "intelligent people writing about inane things." To which I say: Skyflakes are not now, nor have they ever been, inane. But thanks.

The other said that her friend Sarah e-mailed it to her, apparently because she is half-Filipino. She appeared to be posting it for the amusement of her readership. Which appeared to be one person. And this one person appeared to have made a comment. And the comment appeared to say, "This actually made me laugh out loud at 2:30 in the morning!" To which I say: But was it "actually" still funny at 7:30 in the morning? Not so much, right? Ah, well.

~~~

A very belated linking to Gladys N. (who seems bemused by my love of Pride & Prejudice) and both her fine blogs: Makeweight (wherein she blogs about fascinating things that are so far over my head it's almost not funny) and Getaway (wherein she blogs about things I totally understand like, well, bird fears).

*waves at Gladys*

6 comments:

ver said...

Here ya go, Weez. Sorry, but you have to scroll down a bit...

Princess Leia said...

How can anyone belittle one of the great Filipino culinary traditions, right up there with Jasmine rice and corned beef? I say, send 'em some crackers! ;-)

Anonymous said...

You know, there were all these plans maybe a couple of years ago to do some big Pinoy Bay Area blogger get-together (with lots of food, of course). Whatever happened to that?

Meanwhile, an old paean to balut.

ver said...

That is such an excellent idea, Sunny...I might just take that and run with it. We'd issue special invitations to Weez and those funny Latino boys from the Bronx, too, of course...

OBermeo said...

lol!

this latino boy is all about gettin down on some good cuisine

pass the halo-halo!

Gladys said...

*waves right back with a big grin*

thanks for the props and the links, Ver! so glad to know i'm not the only one with bird fears ;)

my contribution to the blog par-tay? sauteed bagoong...and whatever goes well with it, like green mango, sinigang, lemon slices, fried tilapia, etc. (mouth is watering)

also, i was just talking about Pride & Prejudice with a friend today, and there are a couple of related events coming this fall--a feature film with Keira Knightly and an anthology by romance novelists--so i'll be posting on those soon. hee hee