Thursday, June 23, 2005

Miscellaneous

Professional organizers warn against labeling anything "Miscellaneous," because the thing so labeled becomes a black hole into which all manner of items are deposited willy-nilly with the real possibility that they will never be retrieved again. But that happens to me all the time regardless of labels, so I don't really see the problem. That said, I present miscellaneous links that have attracted my attention of late:

The Fairy Tale Review. Nothing produces a far-off look in my eyes like a fairytale; it's magic. I like every piece here, and I love the idea of fairytale poetry.

Steve Jobs' "stay hungry, stay foolish" commencement address. I laughed when he said that dropping out of college was one of the best decisions he ever made. I mean, ya think?

Bookmark Now. Despite its blinding whiteness (ADT and Miz Barbara Jane are having a discussion about whiteness over at her blog, but I have no idea what they're saying because they are very smart whereas I am just a smartass), I am enjoying this book. I probably would have spent the fifteen bucks just to read Robert Lanham's "The McEggers Tang Clan," which is a hilarious send-up of all things McSweeney.

CANVAS - Celebrating Philippine Art. I found my way to this site via Ian's blog and am so intrigued by the Elmer Borlongan painting and the related children's story contest. I am inspired.

Zebra Hall Toys, particularly this maze. Because, let's face it: when I buy a toy for the girls, it's for me, too.

What about your miscellany? Share your random links, please.

2 comments:

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Hrm...re: CANVAS...I wonder if FilAms can enter...I shall have to investigate. Very cool! Thanks!

ver said...

I think you can. It just says "Filipinos," after all...