Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Cosmo HeGood

Okay, my Cosmo Doogood's Urban Almanac is one of those impulsive and often ridiculous newsstand purchases I make during any given month. I am only slightly loathe to admit that during this particular binge I probably also indulged in the completely-unrelated-to-life-as-I-currently-know-it wallpaper* and caught up on the ever-evolving saga of breasts in Hollywood (which, in case you had any question, have always been completely unrelated to life as I know it). But sometimes it's the impulsive things you do that bring on the smiles.

And so it has been with Cosmo Doogood. Did you know, for example, that yesterday was Memento Mori Day (or for those of us not versed in Latin: Remember, You Die Day)? That the sun set at 4:45? That it was the day in 1892 on which J.R.R. Tolkien's mother screamed in agony on her birthing bed? And that the moon was in conjunction with Jupiter (okay, I have no idea what that means) at precisely 7:23 PM? Well, now you do.

But because I am the owner of Cosmo Doogood's Urban Almanac and you are not, I knew before you.

No comments: