Monday, December 13, 2004

All I Want for Christmas...

...is an explanation.

Read all about it.

And it'd be nice, too, if John Kerry could stop being so damn statesman-like.

~~~

On a pleasantly unrelated subject...I would like to show some appreciation for blog tics. Blog tics (I'm making this up) are those things that individual bloggers do on a consistent basis. Eileen's moi-ing and Bino's meow-ing, for example. A.D.'s "I am encouraged," and the delightfully cryptic and brief posts of Weez. The way Rhett has been rating his days on a scale of 1-10. Corrinne's gorgeous photos, Jean's use of art, barbara jane's no-caps, gura's uncanny ability to bring her posts full circle. Oh, and Patrick has poet Oscar Bermeo on his blogroll. Mr. Bermeo often signs off with a "love ya like [insert something hilarious]." A few random ones I remember are "love ya like Macy's loves parades," "love ya like Prince loves frills," and "love ya like front row seats and cracker jacks."

The fact that these tics add pleasure to my day is either 1) kinda nice or 2) kinda sad. Either way, I'm smiling.

No comments: