Saturday, October 09, 2004

I Can't Hear You, I Have a Banana In My Ear

Okay, I'm open to the idea that this is just a conspiracy theory, but it would explain a lot about the President's bizarre debate tics which--and I sincerely mean this--don't make him seem "folksy and endearing," but frighteningly off-balance.

For example, I couldn't figure out why Bush's eyes were constantly darting around during the debates. I thought that's a weird way to try to convince people of your focus and unwavering commitment to your mistakes. But now it makes perfect sense: his eyeballs won't stay put because he's hearing voices.

Have you guys noticed any other odd things he does that could be explained away by the fact that he's using an earpiece? I'm thinking now of the way he is silent for a number of seconds and then suddenly just blurts something out. I dunno. He's either being fed information or he's plain old weird. And I'm talking bad weird, not good weird...

No comments: