Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Time Warp

Patrick Rosal recently posted a few songs to add to his slowjam list, a list which I admired and then attempted to ignore. Impossible. The wheels on my bus went round and round, and I soon amassed my own little trove of goodies, most of which bring to mind teenage angst and sappy letters penned on binder paper and then folded origami-style before being sent on their convoluted way to their bewildered recipient. Not that I ever did that, mind you. Here's what I came up with:

Switch - "I Call Your Name" (who could forget that falsetto voice claiming "...cuz I'm a man now, baby, a grown man!)
Switch - "There'll Never Be"
Switch - "Don't Take My Love Away"
Heatwave - "All I Am"
EW & F - "After the Love Has Gone"
Culture Club - "Victims"
Stanley Clarke & George Duke - "Sweet Baby"
Lani Hall & Herb Alpert - "Come What May" (I know--corny for days!!)
Stylistics - "You Make Me Feel Brand New"
Ray, Goodman, & Brown - "Special Lady"
Bill Withers - "Ain't No Sunshine"

Someone stop me. Please. If you don't, I might wake up tomorrow morning with my hair feathered, my lips smeared with Bonnie Bell lip gloss, and my neck smelling like Love's Baby Soft.

No comments: