Sunday, April 04, 2004

Soothing the Savage Mom

To acknowledge the day of my auspicious (or should that be 'suspicious?') birth, the spousal unit took all three children in hand and packed me off to this here day spa, where I spent five hours mostly nekkid while people with random European accents touched me all over the place and tried to make me relax.

Relaxation, it turns out, is hard work. In fact, after all the hullabaloo was through, I had to retreat to the spa's relaxation room for a lengthy nap. My favorite part of the day was when they plopped me in a frothy bath for half an hour and turned the jets on full throttle. I haven't had a bath (yes, I've showered; don't get smart with me) in more than 5 years, so...well, so. I returned home a much nicer person than when I left.

And then tonight my Auntie Yvonne invited everyone over and cooked birthday dinner for me: pork tonkatsu, Vietnamese-style cold rice noodles with chicken and whatnot, and catfish stuffed with tofu and steamed with black beans and green onion.

I'm feeling the love, people. Feeling the love. But...Miz Barbara Jane is not. Truth be told, she's irate. And for good reason.

No comments: